Providing support to the Project Coordinator and the Logistics Team Leader/Manager in the security management, contributing to the daily follow-up according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures to ensure the smooth running of the project’s risk reduction strategy.
• Monitor and report on the compliance in relation to key aspects of security management to the Project Coordinator and the Logistics Team Leader. Support the implementation of the project’s risk analysis and reduction strategy. Identify current and potential vulnerabilities in the project’s security Standard Operating Procedures. Propose and apply, in agreement with the operational line management, necessary improvements to the project security plan.
• Participate in the development, review and adaptation of the project security plan.
• Assist the Project Coordinator in internal communication sessions and events about security (for locally hired and internationally mobile staff) in order to improve awareness, understanding of MSF security policies and project se-curity plan. Write meeting minutes and contribute to the meeting logbook.
• In coordination with the Project Coordinator and Logistics Team Leader, prepare and conduct regular security briefings and debriefings of project staff (locally hired and internationally mobile) in line with the requirements of the project security plan and standard operating procedures, ensuring as well that due informed consent is provided, and risk analysis updated as per the mission’s and context’s requirements.
• Perform additional responsibilities or tasks related to security as required by the Project Coordinator.
• Document the implementation of the project security plan, including writing meeting minutes, and reporting on security indicators (checklist). Ensure the Project Coordinator and Logistics Team Leader are supported in order to be capable to follow the project security plan and makes them accountable for the implementation.
• Desirable: University Diploma Level, preferably in the field of Social Sciences (Political Sci-ences, International Public Law, Anthropology, Economics, etc.) but this is not essential re-quirement. All relevant work experience will be considered.
• Essential: Experience in and exposure to working in a complicated political, security and humanitarian environment.
• Essential: Experience in data collection, reporting and analysis, basics in knowledge man-agement.
• Desirable: Two years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs
• Desirable: Management experience
• Fluency in the mission working language is essential (high level command in oral and writ-ten communications). Knowledge of the mission local language is an asset.
• Essential computer literacy (word, excel, Internet/social media)
• Excellent understanding of MSF’s principles and values
• Knowledge of and interest in humanitarian issues
• In-depth contextual knowledge and analysis skills
• High level of knowledge of local culture and customs
• Results and Quality Orientation L2
• Teamwork and Cooperation L2
• Behavioral Flexibility L2
• Commitment to MSF Principles L2
• Stress Management L3