DEPUTY FINANCE/ HR COORDINATOR
Reports to (Hierarchical)
The Deputy HR / FIN Coordinator works closely with the HR / FIN Co to help ensure proper HR and administrative management of the mission. He/she is the back-up of the HR / FIN Co, able to step in and assume the responsibilities of the HR/ FIN Co when s/he is absent.
Additionally, the Deputy HRCo:
- is the first-line technical referent supporting field admin for national staff administration (rules, procedures, Homere, etc.)
- is responsible of the daily follow-up and management of the administrative issues
- advises HRFIN Co and helps ensure legal obligations are respected in the mission.
Legal and administrative management
- Ensures the good management of all the contracts (employees, lease agreements, car rental, insurances);
- Be the contact person with the lawyer.
- Follows the court cases or the legal procedures with the lawyer;
- Ensures all the, fiscal, social, labour laws are followed and respected in all the administrative issues of the mission;
- When needed, participates to the negotiations for the signature of agreements, MoU, contracts and ensures the legal requirements and the MSF procedures are respected;
- Is the contact person for all the authorities for admin related contacts (Ministries, local authorities for fiscal, legal, labour related issues) and ensures a good communication flow with the HR coordinator about these contacts;
- Lease Agreements/Contract
- Ensures the follow-up of the lease agreements of the mission (capital and field) for houses, warehouses, offices (update and payments).
- Ensures that all the contracts are in accordance with the standard and the law. Keep proper follow up and ensure timely renewal if needed.
- Ensures all the MSF properties are insured and follows closely with the CoTL all the insurance contracts;
- Ensures, in a proper filing system of the documents; all agreements (MOU’s), contracts, employees’ files in the capital office, for capital and all the originals for fields
International staff HR and administrative Management
Deputy HR & Administration Coordinator is responsible for the administrative follow up of expatriates by supervising the Admin Assistant for:
- Acquisition and extensions of visa for expats
- Travel and movements of expats
- Planning & implementation of long weekends according to mission policy
- Follow up of initial, midterm and final evaluations of expats
National HR and administrative management
- Field support
- Is the support for the fields for all the national staff management related questions;
- Controls the recruitment procedures, vacancies, interviews, contracts’ renewals, amendments, ends of contracts…;
- Advices the field admin to ensure consistency and objectivity for disciplinary measures and dismissal;
- Supervises the administrative management in the capital & fields: local tax, vacancy notices and recruitment procedures, working hours, general management of the national human resources and daily workers; Ensures all the legal and social laws are implemented on the fields;
- Follows-up the update of the organization charts, job profiles, local rules with the fields admin;
- Facilitates the communication flow between the fields and the capital for all the legal and administrative procedures, helps to write documents on this subject when needed;
- JP, Evaluations & Trainings
- Follows the evaluation plan for the mission national staff and makes the evaluations for the staff depending on the administration;
- Prepare and follow up of Expats evaluation plan and make sure the evaluation has been done in time.
- Follows the training plan and proposes/looks for trainings for the identified staff;
- Updates the job profiles for administration staff and helps the other department when needed;
- Facilitates the contacts and the public relations with all the admin related Ministries or State institutions, like the Ministry of Interior;
- Keeps regular contact with other NGO’s about the admin procedures implemented by them.
- Compiles sitrep for HR & Admin Department and monthly HR & Admin report.
Finance and budgeting
- Compiles the monthly check list for the Hr & Administration department
- Compiles and follows up the administration budget for the Coordination project location
- Together with HRCo and the HR responsible compiles and follows-up the HR budget for office
- Together with the HRCo compiles all HR and administration budgets of the mission
Minimum Bachelor degree
Diploma in Human Resources Management, Business administration or Legal
At least 6 months MSF experiences (or INGO) within the HR & Administration functions
Mission language essential; local language desirable.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
Good working knowledge on MS Office and Homere
Good working knowledge of HR management and administrative procedures linked with: staff administration, premises administration