HEAD OF WATCHMEN
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Supervising and managing all security guards and their activities and performing as such, according to MSF security rules and local context in order to guarantee safety and security of MSF mission staff and premises.
- Supervising shift changes and organising staff shifts, holidays, and covers any planned or extra needs. Remaining on duty until other watchman comes to do a handover, never leaving the post unattended
- Ensuring that all watchman material is in perfect state (ex. radio, torch, boots, raincoats, etc.) and in case of a problem reporting it to line manager. Maintaining watchmen's torch and other lighting tools, returning used batteries and keeping the necessary supply of spare batteries. Maintaining communication equipment (radio) in working conditions and providing battery availability, if applicable. Supervising correct use and availability of extinguishers.
- Briefing/training all new watchmen on their responsibilities, tasks, and security and communication duties. Contacting line manager for possible needs for training or suggestions regarding watchmen
- Screening MSF premises' accesses and guiding people to reception within authorised hours. Contacting administration team for authorising people access. Ensuring no material is taken out of MSF premises without prior authorisation and informing the line manager of arrival of any materials before unloading. Helping with unloading if necessary
- Watching MSF premises and property's perimeter fence through regular patrols and neutralising, if possible, intruders without mistreatment and immediately contacting line manager.
- Organizing traffic of vehicles within the premises and directing them in and out.
- Checking that doors and windows are locked and lights are off when people leave premises. Checking that security lights are working properly and informing line manager of any possible problems.
- Keeping area within MSF premises clean and tidy (ex. empty dustbins, sweep paths, etc.) and performing general maintenance activities of the garden, if applicable
Essential working experience of at least one year with MSF, desirably in a similar role
Essential, local language and basic mission working language knowledge
Essential basic organizing skills
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Stress Management L1
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Service Orientation L1