Reports to (Hierarchical)
Perform repair / maintenance / construction works, according to the supervisor’s instructions and MSF standards, in order to ensure proper operations and prevent faults / deterioration of MSF equipment / installations / infrastructures.
- Carry out all minor works (construction, repairs, etc.) requested by the line manager, as well as any task identified by the employee and approved by the line manager.
- Perform regular maintenance of MSF installations / equipment / infrastructures (base, house, store, warehouse, health centre, hospital, etc.), particularly in line with a preventive maintenance plan (procedures to follow, schedule, etc.).
- In the event of faults / deterioration, diagnose the problem and propose possible solutions to the line manager and/or technical adviser.
- Perform any necessary tests / checks to confirm the proper operation of the installation or equipment after repair.
- Ensure effective management, protection and care of work tools (including site installations under the employee’s supervision) and keep the workshop tidy.
- Ensure that there are adequate stocks of consumables and materials for minor repairs and manage those stocks; placing orders in time.
- Keep all documents related to installations / equipment / infrastructures in order and update them regularly.
- Immediately inform the line manager of any problems that arise in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, theft or attempted break-ins.
- Assist logistics department for any related work needed.
Previous experience desirable
Local language essential. Mission language desirable.
Essential ability to do basic repairs
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Stress Management L1
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Service Orientation L1- Results