Reports to (Hierarchical)
Project Coordinator (if in project) / Logistics Coordinator
Planning, coordinating and monitoring all logistics related activities in the project or capital and providing support to medical assistance activities, according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the project
- Assisting the Project Coordinator or Logistics Coordinator in the definition and follow-up of logistics activities in the project or capital, in conjunction with other medical project managers in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the targeted population
- Ensuring and monitoring the implementation of logistics/technical activities in the project / capital including the following:
- Logistics: (construction, transport of goods and staff, communications, water and sanitation, vehicles and engines, equipment/installation and infrastructures, communications, installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities for international staff in adequate living conditions)
- WHS: implementation of water, health and sanitation activities
- Supply: implementation and maintenance of an appropriate supply chain for the project
- Implementing all administrative related activities linked to logistics (orders, insurances, vehicle contracts, etc.).
- Participating in the planning and implementation, together with the Logistics Coordinator, the Project Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the logistics staff in the project / capital in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities.
- Ensuring technical reference for all logistics/technical issues in the project and providing coaching to logistics staff under his/her responsibility. Ensuring all staff in the Project is properly briefed about use of communication tools (handsets, HF/VHF, etc.).
- Defining and monitoring technical aspects of the project risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the project security policy and guidelines, evacuation plan and contingency plan, performing day-to day monitoring of the application of security rules and reporting to the Project Coordinator any problem that may arise. For this purpose, the Project Logistics Manager will have to create an appropriate environment to facilitate security exchange of information.
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines
Essential secondary education and technical diploma or technical university degree, preferably as an engineer
Essential at least two years of working experience in logistics related activities. Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGOs, and working experience in developing countries
Mission language essential; local language desirable.
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3