Overseeing the implementation of GIS activities at country level, providing technical guidance and ensuring the correct implementation, monitoring of GIS activities in the project(s) and/or coordination, according to MSF GIS Unit protocols, standards and procedures, in order to ensure an optimal running of the projects. The role of the GIS manager shall cover the needs of all OCs present if validated
• Being the final responsible at country level (possibly for all present OCs) for elaborating the national policies, guidelines and standardization of a common practice in GIS activities and validating budgets and all the means for the preparation of any technical activity related to his. When required, elaborating the plans of the project in the project(s) / coordination including the following:
• Maps production and services supporting medico-operational activities such as logistics, supply, outreach, WHS, security, project and mission coordination, communication and reporting, health promotion, etc. • Data collection and data management • GIS/mapping needs assessment in close relationship with the different sectors’ responsible within the mission
• In collaboration with the Project Coordinators, Logistics Coordinator, Medical Coordinator (of the OC supported) preparing and proposing the GIS strategy and budget for all GIS activities (Upcoming activities, material, logistics and HR needs). • Acquiring necessary authorization for mapping and data acquisition at country level and/or local level. • Ensuring the quality of the geographic data produced in order to best contribute to the global MSF repository. Maintaining and expanding the archives and working with the data to create themes and layers for use in GIS and to create analytical products.
• Ensuring technical reference for all GIS/technical matters in the project and providing coaching to GIS staff under his/her responsibility. • Ensuring that all staff in the mission is properly briefed about use of GIS tools (GPS devices, smartphones for data collection, etc.), basic software such as Google Earth and tools such as the Map Centre and MSF Map. • Identifying, collaborating and providing main support to the technical representatives of the national interlocutors like ministries, geographic national institutes as well as other NGOs and UN agencies. • In collaboration with the Project Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator, Medical Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, participating in the planning and implementation of HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the GIS staff in the project / coordination in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all GIS activities. • Contributing to the discussions about ethics and personal data protection within the mission especially about GIS related data and activities.
• Ensuring the liaison with the GIS Unit (and the GIS regional referent if in place) and best communication in order to promote best practices and capitalization processes and ensuring proper communication and liaison with other GIS staff within the region (in other countries and other sections). • Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines.
Essential secondary education and technical degree in GIS (Geographic Information Systems) or closely related fields.
Descargar PDF | Descargar Word