Reports to (Hierarchical)
Reports to (Functional)
IT and/or Telecom HQ referent(s)/ Regional Technical Referent (if applicable)
Planning, coordinating, and ensuring the autonomous implementation, maintenance, follow-up and monitoring of all IT and Telecom equipment, tools and services, as well as ensuring onsite technical support and training of users and Logistic experts in the mission, in accordance with MSF standards, policies and protocols, in order to guarantee the efficient use of all IT and Telecom services and infrastructure. Providing an appropriate high-level technical support to his/her Logistics Coordinator. Managing IT Staff's activity within the mission and if applicable regionally.
- Managing other IT Staff workload, planning, and quality of service both within the mission and regionally if applicable.
- Managing the relationship with IT vendor and service provider.
- Responsible for the quality and level of service provided to our users.
- Monitoring, maintaining, and following up on all Information Technology (IT) and Telecom equipment, tools and services in the mission, in accordance with MSF standards, policies, protocols and procedures, as well as actual and future needs.
- Adapting and ensuring compliance of general IT and Telecom policies, guidelines, and documents in order to meet mission’s specific needs, as well as ensuring their implementation to enable the development of the mission in perfect working conditions upon validation from the Logistics Coordinator.
- Preparing and collaborating in the establishment of the annual budget of the IT and Telecom families. Providing his/her technical expertise in the local purchase process. Preparing all technical content related to national tenders for IT and Telecom deployment and participating in the selection.
- Supervising, implementing and improving data security protocols (data saving, firewall, user access right, backup, equipment and software security, etc.) to ensure data security, availability, and immediate operational recovery and continuity in case of emergency [in case ICT (Information and Communications Technology) Supervisor(s) is/are not present in the project/mission].
- Supervising, leading and delegating tasks to the IS specialist and ICT Supervisor(s). Participating in the recruitment process with the support of the HR Department, the Logistics Coordinator and the HQ Technical Referent(s).
- Providing technical support and presenting MSF standards, policies, protocols and procedures to all users. Providing advanced technical support to logistics experts dealing with IT and Telecom systems. When needed, liaise with HQ IT FIELD Referent(s) for 2nd line support, as well as with external providers, to ensure any incidents or problems that cannot be solved at the mission level are appropriately escalated.
- Providing educational support (briefing, training and support, etc.) to all users including IS specialist and ICT Supervisor. Providing advanced educational support (briefing, training and support, etc.) to logistics experts dealing with IT and Telecom systems.
- Following up, participating in regular reports at coordination level in accordance with MSF guidelines and re-porting on the work’s progress and on all IT and Telecom technical aspects of the work. Updating and archiving all user and ICT related documentation due to changes in the IT and Telecom infrastructures.
- Planning, preparing, and reporting the visits to the site(s) under his/her responsibility to ensure the preceding points.
- Performing any other tasks specific to his/her area of specialty, as defined in his/her job description and ac-cording to the line manager
University or technical school diploma with certification in network or server administration.
- Essential at least five years of working experience in IT function.
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGOs, and working experience in developing countries
B2 English level required
- Expertise in latest version of Microsoft Operating System and business applications (Office365)
- Understanding of Server Management (latest version of Microsoft Operating System, Active directory) and virtualization (Hyper-V)
- Good knowledge in Network Administration (LAN, VLAN, network policies and protocols)
- Good knowledge of computer’s hardware and maintenance process, IT security best practices and IT service management tools (ITSM)
- Understanding of radio telecommunication concept (HF, VHF, GSM, satellite)
- Teaching and supporting skills
- People and Project management skills
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Behavioral Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3