Reports to (Hierarchical)
Supply Manager / Supply Chain Officer / Supply Activity Supervisor
Reports to (Functional)
Supply Manager / Supply Chain Officer / Supply Supervisor
Carrying out purchases of a supply office according to MSF standards and protocols in order to ensure an ongoing supply of all sorts of goods
- Carrying out the purchases of a supply office on the basis of purchase documents issued by the line manager and managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchasing.
- At the request of the line manager, obtaining different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing procedure. Below an agreed threshold, directly assessing the local market, seeks products and suppliers that offer the best value for money, and negotiates prices.
- Placing purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed.
- Requesting invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled and translating information written in local language before approval.
- Regularly updating the supplier-item-price data on the supply office. Informing the Logistics or Supply Supervisor and Log Co/ Logistics Manager of all information or modifications to the "item-supplier" data: price, address, items available….
- Managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: completing purchase orders, checking delivery notes (against orders), advances issued by the Finance Department,etc. Updating information on purchase lists after purchases are made
- Assisting in reception control process with the storekeeper and supply activity supervisor
Essential, secondary education; commerce related studies desirable
At least two years in supply chain related jobs
Essential, local language; mission working language
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Service Orientation L1
- Stress Management. L2