Reports to (Hierarchical)
Perform and keep record of anthropometrical measurements (height, weight, etc.) of patients according to MSF protocols, in order to complete and supervise their files and to preserve data traceability.
- Measure weight, height and Middle Upper Arm Circumference (MUAC) of children and patients.
- Detect sign of oedemas.
- Participate in nutritional surveys and assessments outside health facility.
- Record in individual patient’s card and registration books all information measured, i.e. MUAC, weight and height.
- Inform patients and carers about results of measuring, i.e. weight, height, difference from previous measurement, if any.
- Look after all equipment provided.
- Ensure that no material is taken out of weight and height measure area without prior authorisation.
- Report medical staff on any possible health problem or issue (big loss of weight, missing file).
- Report daily measurements, i.e. number and results, at the end of each day.
- Report line manager on any incidence regarding weight, height and measurers or on equipment or material (broken, missing).
Not required, desirable experience with other NGOs.
Essential, local languages; mission working language, desirable.
Essential basic knowledge of mathematics and of how using measuring equipment.
- Stress Management.