NUTRITIONAL ACTIVITY MANAGER
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Project Medical Referent-MTL
Reports to (Functional)
Project Medical Referent /Medical Coordinator
Defining, coordinating and monitoring all nutritional activities in the project area, according to MSF standards, and protocols, analysis of statistics and reports and Project Coordinator and Medical Coordinator’s guidelines, in order to ensure a good care regarding nutritional issues to the target population, addressing malnutrition and providing information to the population regarding nutritional habits. Manages staff involved in the nutritional activities
- Participating in the definition, planning, organization and update of annual nutrition project, activities and its budgeting, in close collaboration with other medical team members, in order to ensure an efficient and effective use of the resources needed while maintaining high levels of quality MSF nutrition programs and activities. Supporting the Medical Coordinator / Project coordinator in negotiating//discussing/lobbying assessments and protocols with authorities and other organizations
- Ensuring the implementation of all MSF protocols (medical, nutritional, anthropometric, etc.), standards (hygiene, asepsis, security, etc.) and procedures and supervising their application by all personnel under his/her responsibility, in order to improve the overall quality of the food/feeding and services given to population.
- Supervising nutritional researches and ensuring that they are done according to protocols, participating in identification of target population, sample size and methodologies for planned nutritional surveys or studies. Analyzing nutritional and food security issues arising in the project area, collecting appropriate and reliable data, (e.g. survey), setting up surveillance and giving advice to the MSF medical team on these matters, in order to study a potential response that will improve living-conditions to population at risk.
- Identifying and studying problematic patients and supervising the referral processes, checking that all forms and other administrative tasks are properly carried-out, ensuring the accompanying persons have received all the necessary information, and arranging transport if necessary, in order to offer them a general and complete healthcare
- Ensuring a good management of medical and non-medical stocks (therapeutic food, medicines, medical material, etc.) validating weekly/monthly orders to be provided by central warehouses, monitoring the consumption and rational use of different items and the permanent availability of an emergency stock, in order to ensure a rational and efficient use of material resources.
- In coordination with the project biomedical service supervising the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipating and communicating future needs.
- Elaborating regular reporting of nutrition related statistics, results and problematic situations and cases, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project and supporting the decision-making. Being responsible for the collation, analysis and monthly reporting of nutrition related statistics
- Planning and supervising the processes associated to HR and team management (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, motivation, internal/external communication, etc.) of the staff under his/her responsibility, in order to improve staff capabilities and ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Medical or paramedical degree, with further nutrition related training
- Desirable specialization or training in tropical diseases or similar
Two year experience in nutrition area essential. Previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries is desirable
Mission working language essential, local language desirable
Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3