Reports to (Hierarchical)
Pharmacy Storekeeper, or as set-up
Assisting the pharmacy storekeeper in ensuring the proper general functioning of the central pharmacy and the supply to other field pharmacies , according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to keep pharmacy stock above security level
- Maintaining the adequacy of storage and hygiene conditions of pharmacy according to MSF protocols.
- Participating in physical inventories and organization of stock according to MSF recommended storage guidelines.
- Participating in preparing and sending to the different health structure (packaging, transport…). If working as a dispenser, verify with prescriber in case of unclear prescription or difference from standard protocols, and that patients are counseled appropriately regarding their prescribed treatments
- Participating in the reception of supplies
- Ensuring that no material is taken without authorization and that the security regulations of the pharmacy are respected.
- Reporting immediately in case of robbery/damage of medical equipment or medicines. Taking actions to avoid or prevent the robberies and damages on the equipment.
- Updating stock cards and informing the stock manager as soon as an item reaches the minimum or maximum threshold or is about to expired
Literacy and numeracy. Medical profile not essential but recommended
Experience in similar positions would be an asset
Mission language and local language essential
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Stress Management L2