MEDICAL HEAD COOK
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Logistics Manager / Activity Manager
Reports to (Functional)
Activity Manager/Project Medical Referent
Logistics / Medical and Paramedical
Supervising, training and guiding cooks ensuring the preparation of nutritious and balanced meals for staff or patients; ensuring raw materials availability as well as observation of hygiene standards and security rules. This will be done according to local context and to the location of the position (i.e. Health Facility, Nutrition Intervention, Domestic, etc.)
- Knowing, applying and ensuring respect of universal hygiene standards and security rules for meals preparation.
- Determining food quantities to prepare, assuring the needed items are available and checking the quality of the food. This will be done in close collaboration with the logistics, medical or administration department, depending on the location of the position (i.e. Health Facility, Nutrition Intervention, Domestic, etc.)
- Supervising and participating in the preparation of meals for staff or patients. Ensuring the meals are served on time.
- Supervising integrity of equipment (kitchen utensils), infrastructures and hygiene conditions in the kitchen, including quality of water (i.e. filtered, boiled, etc.)
- Ensuring daily management of cooks (working time, shifts, absences, leaves, etc.), supervising and evaluating the quality of their work, and ensuring training if needed.
- Looking after and being responsible for all equipment provided.
- Reporting any relevant information to the line manager.
Prior experience as a cook. Desirable experience as a team supervisor
Essential, local language; mission working language desirable
Desirable knowledge of basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Stress Management L2