Reports to (Hierarchical)
Defining and implementing the resources (human, financial and material) management strategies in the mission. Ensuring the pertinence and coherence of the HR, Financial and Logistical programmes and the compliance to MSF standards and protocols in order to enable the development of the mission in perfect working conditions and provide good quality and appropriate resources management of the programs in the mission.
- Participating as a member of the Country Management Team in the development of the mission, the Country Policy and the Annual Plan in accordance with the MSF relevant policies and guidelines. Ensuring proper implementation of resources management in the mission, together with the FinCo, HRCo, and LogCo and relevant support departments in headquarters and identifying both short term and long term needs and ensuring adequate follow up.
- Establishing and monitoring control over resources processes in the mission, in close cooperation with the resources departments. Assuring that other coordinators and staff are cost aware and informing the HoM on resource management needs, implementation and constraints
- As a member of the Country Management Team ensuring the overall planning of resources, reviewing and updating of the Annual Plan and budget (financial, logistics and human resources), Logical frameworks, AD Hoc project proposals/budgets, annual reporting cycle, monthly reports and sitreps in consultation and collaboration with other CMT members)
- Ensuring correct and timely preparation of donor proposals (resources part), donor budgets, budget amendments, financial reports, fin/log/HR annexes in consultation and collaboration with other CMT members. Ensuring appropriate signalling of possible necessary donor budget amendments in collaboration with other coordinators
- Together with the HRCo, LogCo and FinCo ensuring the implementation of resource management procedures following to MSF standards and guidelines and taking into account the legal context of the country.
- Ensuring adequate communication with relevant departments in HQ and maintaining good contacts regarding resource management with other MSF sections in the country as well as relevant actors. Representing MSF with national and regional authorities regarding HR, Financial and logistical issues
- Supervising, coaching and guiding LogCo, FinCo and HRCo in managing their respective teams and tasks and in cooperation with each department coordinator, creating a positive and motivated work attitude amongst NS Log/Fin/HR teams
- In the absence of the HoM, maybe requested to be acting HoM. Maybe requested to cover PC gaps in the projects if necessary (although first point of reference for this is the Deputy HoM)
• Essential, degree in HR management or administration related studies, or in Economics/Finance or specialization in Logistics and MSF Logistics training
- Experience in MSF management position in a complex environment
- Experience in basic Information management, resource planning, Human Resources, Finance and Logistics Management and policy principles
- Strong negotiating and problem solving skills
- Experience in dealing with national authorities
- Mission working language essential
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Strategic Vision L3
- Leadership L3
- Networking L4
- Cultural L4