HEAD OF MISSION SUPPORT
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Supporting the Head of Mission in security management and coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up,to the management of information, providing translations and interpretations according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to facilitate the mission coordination tasks
- Supporting the HoM in promoting and protecting the MSF image externally and assisting in context analysis, disseminating relevant context information to the coordination team, regularly informing them on key issues, updating general information on the context for MSF internal documents and advising on cultural appropriateness of organized activities and individual behaviors.
- Analyzing the risks and the security level of the context of the mission and assisting in conducting risk assessments and in the development security plans for the mission and project. Advising the PC and HoM on aspects of security management
- Establishing and maintaining external relationships with relevant authorities and stakeholders. Keeping good knowledge of counterparts in different administrations and departments and keeping up to date records of field contacts (other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, etc.) verifying that they are easily accessible, in order to facilitate contacts and meetings.
- At the request of the Head of Mission, assisting the HoM or representing MSF in meetings (NGOs, official bodies and administrations, etc.)and preparing full report
- Ensuring the follow up of relevant administrative dossiers such as the MSF registration in the country, working permits, immigration policies, national protocols, etc.
- At the request of the HoM, preparing and conducting an information briefing, focusing on the country context for International Regional and Relocated Staff.
- Guide and facilitate the management of MSF information and essential records and documents by the mission team, following MSF policies and guidelines.
- Translating sensitive documents and acting as an interpreter when needed. Writing letters and correspondences with officials and partners and preparing reports, internal memos and formal requests. Monitoring the correspondences in the absence of the HoM.
- Assisting in the elaboration of the advocacy plan of the mission in collaboration with the PC, MedCo and the Communications responsible and supporting its implementation and follow up.
- University degree or similar level of education
- Experience in humanitarian aid preferably within MSF. Essential strong understanding of the workings of the different administrations of the country
- Experience working in political, security and humanitarian issues in the country
- English, French, mission and local language essential
- Computer proficiency in MS Excel and Word
- Good analytical skills, at ease with figures and economics data
- Excellent communication and diplomatic skills, including writing skills
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3