SOCIAL MEDIA OFFICER
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Field Communications Manager
Reports to (Functional)
Communications Advisor at HQ level
Contributing to the implementation of operational communication strategy in the mission according to MSF standards. Aiming at building MSF visibility, acceptance and leverage inside the country. Focusing on Social Media
- Producing, editing and curating content for publishing on MSF social media accounts , with support provided for translation where needed. Suggesting inovations for content creation and increasing MSF's social media audiences (Facebook Live coverage, Twitter Q&A sessions with MSF senior field staff,etc.)
- Helping MSF to build its social media audience through
• Promoting MSF social media profiles externally
• Encouraging staff to use social media guidelines
• Providinge support for trainings on social media
- Monitoring and analyzing online topics and trending subjects which are relevant to MSF operations.
- Monitoring for mentions of MSF on social media and report to supervisors on problematic MSF mentions on social media.
- Monitoring backend analytics and evaluating engagement of followers by geographic location, demographics, etc…
Contributing to the development of MSF social media strategy by providing contextual advise related to social media use and trends in the country
- Undertaking daily work in line with the broader communications and operational goals of MSF and reply to comments and engagements, as appropriate, with guidance from supervisors.
- Participating in communication data-collection and reporting as required
- University or College Degree or Certificate in a relevant field.
- Candidates without a University of College education may be considered if they possess significant additional experience (5-plus years) in social media management, monitoring and content production
- At least 2 years of professional experience in social media management and community building
- Experience in basic social media content production and messaging
- Experience in social media monitoring and reporting
- Proficiency in mission language(s) essential (mostly English, French or Spanish). Excellent command of local languages in the mission country.
- Excellent writing skills Thorough knowledge of traditional media and good understanding of social media
- Good networking and media relations skills Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3