HOSPITAL FACILITIES MANAGER
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Hospital Director or Hospital Coordinator (or PC if both other positions are not there)
Planning, coordinating and monitoring all logistics related activities in the hospital according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to provide support for its medical activities and to ensure the optimal management of the project
- Leading and directing all support activities in the hospital, in close collaboration with the clinical and nursing leadership, and developing, assessing and implementing the logistics strategy, policies, tools and procedures specifically in the areas of Biomedical, Mechanical, Construction, Energy, Transport, Hospital Supply Applied Security and EPREP. Assisting the hospital management and LogCo in defining the yearly planning, budget and the hospital activities in order to identify and respond to the needs of the population. When required, bidding and managing the hospital improvements, maintenance and construction budget and directing construction requirements in collaboration with Construction Log (if available).
- Responsible for the implementation and ensuring the proper functioning of the hospital facilities and structures whether linked to development, installation, maintenance and improvement (e.g. structure, energy, WHS, medical and non-medical materials, communication, cold chain, biomedical equipment, portering and transfer systems, laundry system, etc.) in accordance with MSF standards and development protocols.
- Ensuring that hospital occupational health and safety systems are in place, maintained and updated when needed (e.g. fire safety including emergency planning, hospital access and security).
- Responsible for hospital hygiene through good management of cleaning teams, engagement with the nursing director and regular audit. Responsible for safe and efficient waste management and managing hospital WHS in partnership with the responsible WHS specialist and together delivering a comprehensive hospital vector control mechanism.
- Supporting the project and hospital logistician in the implementation of the Hospital Logistics Tool Kit (HLT) and provide training for its efficient implementation. Ensuring that all staff in the project are informed of the proper use of the hospital's infrastructure, equipment and communication tools.
- Ensuring that the installation and maintenance of the functional spaces of medical offices are in adequate conditions and that the HR structures are in place to support the management of medical facilities.
- Planning and supervising in collaboration with the Hospital/Project Coordination Team, the HR processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation and internal, external communication) of the logistics personnel of the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activity. Providing technical reference to all logistical/technical problems and providing guidance to the logistics staff under his/her responsibility. When applicable, supervising the LOG (Biomed, Mechanic and Electrician) and WHS specialist teams.
- In coordination with the LogCo, reviewing the current hospital logistical management strategies, tools and procedures and recommending possible amendments or revisions in order to achieve effectiveness and efficiency of the hospital support structures
- Defining and monitoring the technical aspects of the reduction of political risk of the project, transportation, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of security policy and guidelines, evacuation plans and contingency, monitoring daily the application of safety rules and report to the Logistics Team Leader and/or Project Coordinator any problem that may arise.
- Participating in the writing of the monthly reports according to guidelines
- Essential secondary education and a technical diploma or technical university diploma preferably engineer
- Management and organizational capacities
- At least 2 years work experience in logistics related to activities, supply chain, WHS or facilities management
- Essential thorough understanding of logistics issues in developing countries (e.g. communications, energy, building maintenance) and management of a multi-skilled and diverse team
- Mission language essential; local language desirable
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L3
- Result and Quality Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3