SUPPLY ACTIVITY MANAGER
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Project Coordinator /Logistics Coordinator/Supply Chain Coordinator / Supply Chain Team Leader
Reports to (Functional)
Logistics Coordinator / Supply Chain Coordinator (if any) / Supply Chain Team Leader
Defining, coordinating and monitoring all activities related to one or more areas of the supply programme (Warehouse, Transport and Customs, Procurement, etc.) according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure an optimal running of the mission/project
- In collaboration with the Logistics/ Supply Chain, Coordinator, STL and the Project Coordinator, defining the supply activities and planning the annual budget for the area of the supply programme under his/her responsibility in order to identify and optimize the response to the needs of the mission and the target population.
- Monitoring the implementation in the project of the supply activities ensuring compliance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the Project Coordinator on the development of the supply programme under his/her responsibility. This can include one or more of the following areas:
- Warehouse: Defining, coordinating and monitoring all Warehouse and Stock Management activities in the Mission.
- Transport and Customs: Defining, coordinating and monitoring all activities related to the clearing and the transport of medical and non-medical goods for the Mission.
- Procurement: Defining, coordinating and monitoring all procurement activities related to local, regional and international purchases of goods, transport, subcontracted works and services for the mission.
- Any other supply activity
- Ensuring technical support for his area of activity and providing coaching to staff under his/her responsibility
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, participating in the planning and implementation of HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all supply activities pertaining to his area
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines
- Performing delegated tasks according to his her speciality and as specified in his/her job description
Secondary education, desirable warehouse management related studies, procurement, or certificate in clearing and forwarding or related fields
- Essential at least two years of working experience in related activities.
- Desirable previous experience with MSF Logistics or Supply Department or other NGOs, and working experience in developing countries
Mission language essential; local language desirable
Computer literacy, (for warehouse: mathematics, reporting and analytical skills)
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to MSF Participles L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3