HEAD OF RADIO OPERATORS
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Supervising radio operators' activities, ensuring and providing their training, according to MSF standards and communication protocols, in order to provide quality radio communications for the operational needs of the mission.
- As a radio operator, monitoring movements of people, vehicles, helicopters, airplanes, cargo, etc. (i.e. departure, arrival, number of passengers, route taken, etc.), and ensuring that messages and information are passed to all people concerned, following MSF protocols at all times.
- Memorizing and using all radio codes, call numbers and radio alphabet, and for security reasons, always using appropriate language over the radio.
- Supervising the radio operators' team, organizing personnel shifts to ensure appropriate, ongoing service coverage.
- Training and guiding new and experienced radio operators and ensuring they follow all protocols. Providing training to all new radio perators
- Checking the correct functioning of all equipment and informing line manager of any damage, loss, or theft. Registering the loan of handsets to all staff and following it up on a regular basis.
- Ensuring that only authorized people use the radio, preventing of any damage and theft.
- Supervising or carrying out the cleaning and minor maintenance tasks (charging batteries, etc.) of all equipment and facilities.
- Assisting in installing VHF and HF radios with all the equipment required in buildings and vehicles
Literacy essential, secondary education desirable
Essential previous experience in MSF
Local and mission language essential
Essential basic knowledge of mathematics, energy and electricity
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Stress Management L2