Reports to (Hierarchical)
Project Coordinator / Project Medical Referent/ Hospital Director
Reports to (Functional)
Hospital Director / Project Medical Referent
Defining, ensuring, monitoring and evaluating all patient care related activities in the hospital by providing effective nursing leadership and management of team according to MSF standards and protocols in order to guarantee the continuity and quality of health care in the project
- Ensuring high quality nursing care, proper functioning of the hospital and the continuity of general medical care provided for patients according to MSF Nursing Guidelines, standards and protocols.
- Defining nursing objectives, developing/amending nursing guidelines and protocols and collaborating with the Deputy Head Nurse to achieve training objectives and empowerment of supervisors. Ensuring the respect of patient interest and autonomy and the proper implementation and adherence to MSF protocols, standards and procedures.
- Regularly auditing and ensuring the maintenance of and adherence to infection control standards within the health facility. Keeping a safe hospital environment, intervening and alerting the Medical Coordinator in case of security incidents and hygiene concerns in the hospital.
- Supervising the departments and team under his/her responsibility (IPD, Maternity, OT and Hygiene) and following up unit activities with the supervisors. Participating at rounds, attending meetings and facilitating collaborations.
- Planning and supervising, with the support of the HR department, the associated HR processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, motivation, development and internal communication) of the nursing staff in the project and other staff under his/her responsibility, in order to ensure having the appropriate team in terms of size, capabilities and skills.
- Ensuring efficient management of the pharmacy (ensuring the weekly orders are done to avoid exceptional orders, managing expired items and regular inventories)
- In coordination with the project biomedical service supervising the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipating and communicating future needs.
- Coordinating with logistics and the Hospital Facilities Manager to ensure that the infrastructure is maintained in good condition, non-food items are tracked and kept and transfer systems in the hospital are organized (e.g. patients and medicines) ensuring appropriate staff and support equipment
- Ensuring proper and timely data collection from supervisors and assists in the analysis of monthly data for inpatient and outpatient departments. Prepares the monthly nursing and hygiene SitReps. Reviewing all nursing incident reports and intervenes when necessary
- Nursing and systems-level experience (either supervisory or managerial).
- Maternal and/or paediatric program experience.
- Experience as a nurse supervisor in MSF
- Experience in both medical and surgical nursing a plus
Essential mission language, local language desirable
- Computer literate
- Excellent writing and communications skills at influencing level
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to MSF principles L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3