MEDICAL COORDINATOR ASSISTANT
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Assist and support the Medical Coordinator in the implementation of the overall medical content, activity and resources in the missions, by assuming some tasks delegated by him/her and giving personal assistance in other specific activities, in order to facilitate the proper medical management of the projects and medical follow-up of the staff in the mission.
- Participating actively in reflections and discussions on the evolution of MSF programs in the mission, contributing with his/her background and experience to the improvement of overall performance, adapting it to the changing reality and context.
- Participating in the collection of medical information (meetings, reports, articles, etc.) and data (epidemiological data, statistics, etc.).
- Supporting project development by answering medical questions from the field, participating in briefings and debriefings of medical staff and replacing temporarily a member of the field team when necessary, in order to keep a smooth functioning of the projects.
- In support of the medical coordinator, representing MSF in meetings or with different stakeholders. Assisting the MedCo in the stakeholder mapping (organigram of MoH, etc.)
- Following-up patients referred by MSF field teams to the capital, organizing their transport, setting their further referral to reference facilities previously identified, doing follow-up on the treatment they receive and their evolution, and carrying out the administrative tasks associated, in order to keep special attention to most the complicated or sensitive cases.
- In the absence of a Mission pharmacy manager, organizing and managing the central pharmacy in the Mission, managing medical stock, updating emergency boxes, preparing and dispatching medical orders requested by the field, and participating in drawing up international orders and organizing their reception, in order to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness during the whole supply process.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Carrying out medical follow-up of all MSF national and international staff in application of MSF staff health policies, supervising together with the administrator the medical expenses associated, in order to protect personnel’s health state while keeping close control to the resources required.
- Carrying-out administrative, information gathering and data collection tasks, and regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project and support decision-taking.
- On the request of the Medical Coordinator, carrying out extra tasks (one-off reinforcement for a field team, participation in an evaluation, etc.).
Medicine or paramedical degree essential. Specialization or training in tropical disease, desirable.
- Essential working experience in developing countries.
- Desirable working experience in MSF or other NGO’s.
Mission language essential.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Stress Management.