Reports to (Hierarchical)
Reports to (Functional)
Project Medical Referent-MTL-MFP / Medical Coordinator
Provide MSF project with a socio-anthropological analysis and understanding of local, socio-cultural determinants such as perception of health and illness and health seeking behavior in order to improve medical activities.
- Design, plan and organize researches (qualitative and quantitative) to understand the existing health beliefs, explanatory models and the health seeking behavior related to project's needs.
- Provide reports and tools to the project team to improve medical activities, in term of approaches and relation with the local population.
- Provide information and recommendation to the project team in order to support their understanding of local culture and perception to adapt efficiently the medical activities.
- Support Health Promotion activities (pre-testing of materials, focus groups, social data collection...).
University degree in medical anthropology, social-anthropology or sociology
- Previous work experience in relation with medical anthropology/socio-anthropology or qualitative research is essential
- Experience in developing countries and experience with MSF or any other organization in public health is highly recommended.
Essential, mission language
- Stress Management.