Reports to (Hierarchical)
Supporting the drug supply management in the designated facilities under the supervision of the Mission Pharmacy Manager of the project and according to MSF health policies and protocols, in order to contribute in the guarantee of the proper management and distribution of drugs and medical devices
- In cooperation with the Pharmacy Manager, assisting in the supervision, management and control of the medical stock in the project in order to avoid ruptures, losses and gross overstock of drugs and other supplies and overseeing and monitoring its storage conditions
- In cooperation with the Pharmacy Manager, assisting on a monthly basis with preparation and approval of order requests, ensuring they are completed in timely manner to prevent unnecessary orders in between. Following up on drug ruptures.
- In cooperation with the Pharmacy Supervisor and other MSF team members, assisting in the supervision, management, follow up and control of medical/supply stock in the MSF office, expat houses, and MSF cars. This includes physical count, ordering and monitoring of expired dates.
- Assisting with the collection of consumption from facilities on at least a monthly basis and collecting data about number of patients. Cooperating with and assisting the Pharmacy Manager in all related monthly reports, and under the Pharmacy Manager’s supervision, communicating and providing medical data to relevant MSF team members
- Improving and following up the monitoring systems in place.
- Supporting the MoH counterparts in their responsibilities regarding monitoring of drug consumption, stock management and preparing/receiving orders.
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Fol-lowing the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Assisting in preparing and organizing training sessions for MSF staff.
- Providing programs continuity during supervisor’s absence and handovers; sharing knowledge of program with incoming staff in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
Qualified pharmacist technician
- Experience collaborating with local pharmacy systems (MoH and private) is an asset
- Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
Mission language essential; local working language would be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Stress Management L2