Reports to (Hierarchical)
Reports to (Functional)
Head of Mission, HRCo and LogCo
Give support to external administrative work and to the coordination team in obtaining working/travel permits, as well as all official contacts, procedures and importation of goods, according to local and international laws and MSF procedures, in order to ensure the smooth running of MSF activities.
- Together with the HR Co, ensure that all MSF staff has applied and obtained on time any visa, stay, travel or working permits in the mission country according to needs, and keep information on legal, administrative procedures
- Maintain the support travel service in HQ informed about ongoing processes, specific situations or changes in the procedures related to visas, working permits, etc..
- Know all the procedures that MSF needs to follow in order to import goods from any country and assist the mission in following these procedures, in cooperation with the LogCo and the logistic department of the mission.
- Follow up clearances of MSF cargos and informs about any possible planned or extraordinary needs.
- Establish and maintain professional contacts with relevant authorities, depending on the context and the needs of the mission.
- Arrange meetings related to administrative issues for the Head of Mission or the HRCO as well as attend them.
- Keep a complete and updated detailed list of all useful contacts in the Country/Mission with names, telephones, addresses and other relevant details.
- Ensure, together with the MCT members that all MSF activities are running lawfully and in agreement with the Memorandum of Understanding in all administrative or customs related issues and inform about any possible risks or problems.
- Ensure that no illegal money is paid to any authorities or any individual, promoting and sharing MSF principles and values at all levels.
- Keep all documentation and files updated, properly filed and easily accessible for the internal users.
Secondary education essential. Administration or communication related studies desirable.
Essential previous experience of at least one year in related relevant positions, in MSF or other NGOs.
Mission and local language essential.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Results L1
- Teamwork L1
- Flexibility L1
- Commitment L1
- Service L1
- Stress Management L2