DEPUTY COORDINATOR in charge of LOGISTICS
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Supporting the Logistics Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities, replacing him/her in his/her absence and participating and collaborating in the implementation of strategies and support to the field in accordance with MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to enable the development of the mission and optimize the impact of the medical projects.
- Participating actively in the definition and monitoring of annual project planning and budgets and the Emergency Preparation Plan, defining strategies and advising the Logistics Coordinator in the translation of the identified needs into objectives, priorities and resources needed for intervention
- Defining, monitoring, evaluating and ensuring the implementation of the strategies and activities in the mission of the following activities, as defined in the delegated tasks, according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures:
- Construction and rehabilitation, transport, ICT, communications, vehicles and engines, equipment, installations and infrastructures, etc. Including the installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities in an adequate living conditions and all the equipment required as well as the proper use and maintenance of IT computers, soft wares, backups, etc. and the communication tools and means in the mission
- Stock and supply of medical and non-medical materials
- Water, health and sanitation activities
- Planning, supervising and implementing, in close coordination with the HR Coordinator, the associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, performance evaluation, detection of potential, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and amount of knowledge required
- Ensuring technical support to his/her team as well as to all other teams in the mission
- Defining and monitoring the technical aspects of the risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the mission security policy and guidelines, evacuation plan and contingency plan, performing day-to day monitoring of the application of security rules and reporting to the HoM of any problem
- Representing MSF in meetings with Authorities and other NGOs at the request of the Logistics Coordinator
- Performing tasks delegated by the Logistics Coordinator, as specified in his/her job description
Essential technical/logistics degree/diploma
Essential working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs, experience with MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.