TECHNICAL ACTIVITY MANAGER
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Project Coordinator (if in project)/ Logistics Coordinator / Technical Logistics Coordinator
Reports to (Functional)
Logistics Coordinator / Technical Logistics Coordinator
Planning, coordinating, and monitoring all logistics activities in the project related to his/her technical activity (Electricity, Construction, WHS, Biomed, Workshop, Fleet, etc.) according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure an optimal running of the project
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the Logistics Coordinator, planning, establishing and reviewing the activities for his area of logistics technical activity including its annual budget, in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the mission and the targeted population.
- Monitoring and ensuring the implementation in the project of his/her technical activity ensuring compliance to MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the Project Coordinator on the development of the ongoing programmes. This can include one or more of the following activities:
- Electricity: Ensuring the correct installations, maintenance and monitoring of the electrical equipment and set up
- Construction: Ensuring the correct implementation, maintenance and monitoring of the construction/rehabilitation projects in the mission
- WHS: Ensuring the correct implementation and monitoring of the water, sanitation and hygiene activities
- Biomed: Ensuring good functioning and proper maintenance and monitoring of the biomed equipment
- Workshop/Mechanic: Ensuring good functioning of the vehicle fleet and other engines
- Fleet: Guaranteeing the adequacy of means for fleet and motorized equipment management
- Any other technical logistics activity
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, participating in the planning and implementation of HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities pertaining to his area
- Ensuring technical support for his area of activity and provides coaching to logistics staff under his/her responsibility.
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines
- Performing delegated tasks according to his her speciality and as specified in his/her job description
Essential secondary education and technical diploma or technical university degree, preferably as an engineer
- Essential at least two years of working experience in logistics related activities.
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGOs, and working experience in developing countries