Reports to (Hierarchical)
Help, accompany and transport patients from a place to another within the health facility, according to the instruction from the medical team and following hygiene standards, in order to ensure their safety.
- Transport patients (e.g. from patient’s room to the operating theatre, from his bed to the x-ray room, from the consultation to his room, etc.), assisting and helping them at all times.
- Assist nursing staff with patient needs (i.e. lifting patients up, lying them down, bathing them, dressing them, changing bed linen or, if required, giving them their medicines)
- Inform medical staff about any possible serious problem or complication during shift (i.e. patients, equipment, etc).
- Ensure safe transport taking into consideration the state/conditions of the patient and the instructions given by nursing team or doctors.
- Keep the patients and families informed about the place they are taking the patient to.
- Follow at all times the universal hygiene standards and the instructions of health professionals.
- Ensure the disinfection of his/her material (stretch, etc.).
- Report all important information and assist in other tasks upon request.