Reports to (Hierarchical)
Reports to (Functional)
Project Medical Referent / Medical Coordinator
Defining, coordinating and monitoring the human, material and organizational means of the activities in the hospital according to MSF protocols, procedures and project objectives, the specificity of the targeted population and the availability of resources in order to guarantee the security, continuity and quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health condition of the target population
- Defining, planning and organizing the setup, sizing and budget for the hospital in order to efficiently maintain the continuity of quality of healthcare, ensuring inter-departmental coordination with medical team managers and all hospital related activities. Coordinating and supervising, together with the medical services and team supervisors, the full deployment of activities and functions, in order to grant quality levels and a smooth delivery of medical services. In coordination with the Field Coordinator and Head of Mission, evaluating on a regular basis the pertinence and interaction of the hospital in its context, in view of the continuous analysis of the environment
- In close collaboration with the medical departments of the hospital, coordinating and supervising the implementation of the healthcare protocols, procedures and standards, assessing the different departments as well as providing technical support for medical doctors, to ensure the quality of medical activities in the health structure and that protocols, security and asepsis rules are followed by the medical personnel.
- In collaboration with the HR department, implementing the MSF health policy in order to ensure hospital staff’s safety, providing all prophylactic and preventive measures and emergency plans.
- Ensuring, in cooperation with the logistics manager, that all hospital staff has the material and technical logistics support needed in order to ensure the quality of medical activities planned. In collaboration with the pharmacist and/or the logistics manager, ensure efficient use, availability and good storage conditions of drugs and medical equipment for nursing and medical activities.
- In close collaboration with the financial department, supervising both the medical budget plan and budget approval, in order to early detect potential deviations, reporting them to the line managers, and proposing appropriate alternatives.
- Ensuring that all administrative procedures regarding the hospital are duly followed; including the proper and efficient use of hospital documents (i.e. discharge paper, transfer paper, etc.)
- In close collaboration with the HR Coordinator, planning and supervising the human resources processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the medical departments/services of the hospital in order to ensure both the appropriate sizing and the amount of knowledge required, and to improve people capabilities, contribution and active participation.
- Gathering relevant data and statistics of the different wards in the Hospital, and participating in the monthly reports according to guidelines (i.e. SitReps, medical statistical reports, etc)
Essential Medical Doctor Diploma. or Paramedical diploma, a degree in management of health facilities would be an asset
- Essential at least 2 years management experience of health facilities
- Desirable working experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries. Experience in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health, obs and gynae, paediatrics, A, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery