HOSPITAL NURSING MANAGER
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Reports to (Functional)
Project Medical Referent- MTL-MFP/ Medical Coordinator
Define, organize, implement and follow-up all care and nursing related activities in the project, ensuring the daily management of the human resources as well as the implementation of the MSF nursing protocols, in order to warrant efficiency , quality and continuity of prescribed care.
- Plan and organize all nursing related activities (IPD, OPD, maternity, nutrition, etc.), its organization design and sizing and participates in the definition and update of its associated budget in order to efficiently maintain the continuity of the healthcare at the standard quality levels.
- Coordinate and supervise the implementation of the legal therapeutic protocols, procedures and standards, providing technical support when needed, to ensure the quality of the nursing care, confidentiality and information traceability, patient surveillance, as well as ensuring that therapeutic and sterilization rules are used by the health care personnel.
- Ensures all administrative procedures and documents (individual patient’s card and registration book, discharge paper, transfer paper, etc.) are used correctly, as well as the existing data management tools (i.e. Fuchia, EpiInfo, etc.).
- In cooperation with the pharmacist and medical coordinator, supervise the management and running of the pharmacy activity, preparing new orders when required, supervising expiration terms and consumption patterns, in order to ensure its rational use as well as that pharmacy stock levels are permanently above minimum safety point.
- In coordination with the project biomedical service supervising the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipating and communicating future needs.
- In close coordination with the HR department, plan and supervise the associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development and communication) of the nursing staff of the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, improve people capabilities
- May be responsible for scheduling duty rosters, shifts and on call of nursing staff.
- In accordance with medical prescriptions and according to protocols in force, supervise the distribution of drugs and equipment as well as train nursing staff to ensure a rationale use of both.
- Be responsible for the surveillance of patients in wards and train nursing staff on Patient Therapeutic Education (PTE), i.e. keeping contact with all patients, informing them regularly about their health state and responding to their questions.
- In close coordination with the logistics manager, supervise laboratory outputs related to nursing activities (blood test) to ensure samples are collected correctly and results are provided on time.
- Supervise nutritional activities to ensure that therapeutic food is provided regularly and complies with quality and quantity standards
- Supervise implementation of protocols depending on project objectives (Prevention Parent To Child Transmission (PPTCT), Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)) and social services (Voluntary Counseling and Testing (VCT), Information, Education ad Communication (IEC), Sexually Gender Based Violence (SGBV), mental health services, etc.
- Report to the line manager on any relevant information linked to nursing activities and participates in monthly reports and definition of annual planning, budget for the project
Essential nursing diploma for general or specialized health services; specialization or training in tropical medicine would be an asset.
Essential working experience of at least two years in nursing activities related jobs. Desirable working experience in MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries.