OPERATIONAL RESEARCH EPIDEMIOLOGIST
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Reports to (Functional)
MAM/ Project Medical Referent/ Medical Coordinator
Implementing and supervising the epidemiological research in the mission according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to contribute to mitigating the effects of diseases where MSF is present
- Where relevant, participating in defining the objectives of operational research, developing research protocols and methodology including patient inclusion criteria and data management processes, and identifying the human resources needed to conduct the research in order to obtain relevant information for the medical intervention. Where relevant, ensuring compliance with MSF laboratory protocols (secure manipulation of samples, shipment of samples etc.)
- Coordinating the execution of the research with partners ensuring compliance to MSF protocols.
- Providing training to and supervising the team that will participate in performing the research.
- Ensuring patients included in any research have freely given their consent to participate and have received the correct information in a format they can comprehend
- Reviewing data collection and undertaking analysis as appropriate, reporting on a regular basis to the functional referent about study progress and any relevant information for the mission/project. Writes a clear research report documenting the full methods and results and draws appropriate conclusions supported by the results. Where appropriate, participating in writing scientific papers.
- Managing data systems and ensuring accurate, high quality databases
- Ensuring dissemination of findings to the community as described in the study protocol
Degree(or masters) in Epidemiology or Public Health with extensive training in statistics and epidemiology
- Desirable field experience with MSF or other NGOs, research experience is a plus
- Experience in field epidemiology