LAY COUNSELOR EDUCATOR
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Mental Health /Patient Support Activity Manager
Reports to (Functional)
Mental Health Supervisor/Health promotion Supervisor
Perform basic counseling and/or educational activities to patients, families, communities, following MSF protocols and procedures, in order to improve the health condition of the patient.
- Actively promote the availability of MSF services
- Carry out, individually or in group, basic counseling and/or educational sessions, to patients, their families, hospital staff and/or the community
- Refer patients when necessary to other specialists or external actors in order to provide the best available support
- Collect and report specific information related to the target group
- Keep files and statistics updated about the counseling and/or educational activities
- Give testimonies to patients and in the community on own experiences as a patient(*)
Desirable, formal degree in social work.
- Desirable working experience in related jobs
- Makes part of the target group of patients and is willing to share his own experiences as a patient ()
() only valid for peer educators/counselors