Reports to (Hierarchical)
Assisting in the nursing activities with hospitalised patients, according to nurses and doctors prescription, universal hygiene standards and MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients
- Assisting the nurse in organizing and providing care and treatments to patients, respecting at all times, the rules of hygiene, safety, comfort, dignity, medical secret and patient confidentiality. Giving response to nurse’s requirements in case of an emergency
- Participating in the surveillance and monitoring of the patient and reporting to the nurse any relevant information. Compensating patients’ possible lack of autonomy by assisting and helping them in feeding, personal hygiene, movements and general comfort
- Participating in the monitoring of nursing activities (correctly fill in patient files, etc.) and ensuring a relevant transfer of information between duty teams. Reporting any problem arising in the care unit, especially the loss, robbery or damage of equipment or medicines.
- Ensuring cleanliness of his/her working environment (including facilities, material, linen, equipment, and carrying out the sorting and disposal of waste)
- Working together with the nurses, cleaners and care-takers.
- Participating actively in the hospital platform (meetings, committee,.), trainings and in the basic health education sessions
- Participating in any other related activities as requested by the line manager
- Performing minor maintenance and cleaning of the biomedical equipment following user manual and protocols. Alerting the supervisor in case of malfunctioning of any device.
Nurse-aide diploma required (if there is one recognised by the country, otherwise none is required and MSF training is provided)