COMMUNITY HEALTH EDUCATOR
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Prepare, provide and present health education sessions to the population/patients according MSF principles and values in order to promote health information through health measures and hygiene conditions as well as provide information about MSF activities in order to facilitate access to healthcare
- Prepare material and deliver health education sessions, messages and topics addressed to different populations regarding hygiene, diseases and prevention.
- Ensure all the patients and caretakers are well informed, according to protocols, about health related issues and services provided.
- Monitor health situation and living conditions of the population by conducting nutritional screening, collecting information related to food security, checking vaccination status of children, looking actively for any defaulters in programs that require this type of research, collecting information on number of people arriving or leaving the community, births and deaths in the community, etc.
- Identify people with medical problems, contact with medical team and report for immediate transfer if needed. He/she has to inform to the line manager about any problem encountered (population, equipment, material…).
- Report to line manager of all results of screening and visits on a regular basis.
Literacy essential. An internal MSF training on health messages will be necessary.