Reports to (Hierarchical)
Verbal interpretation, in person or remotely, during daily medical activities (medical round, consultations, interviews, meetings, etc.) and written translations, from the mission language to local language(s) or vice versa, in order to ensure accurate, respectful, fluent and confidential communication between medical staff and local population.
- Inform medical staff about important cultural nuances to consider during a meeting, medical consultation or interview with local people.
- Participate in staff trainings and meetings as an interpreter.
- Provide face to face interpreting, as well as during telephone and radio calls or other telecom devices, when necessary.
- Adapt communication to any circumstances, using appropriate language registry as well as diplomatic and courtesy manners.
- Translate MSF internal / external documents into local language(s).
- Keep record of all translated documents.
- Look after all equipment provided, i.e. dictionaries or other books that belong to MSF
- Ensure confidentiality and medical secrecy.
Essential secondary education, university degree desirable, health knowledge advisable.