Reports to (Hierarchical)
Defining the operational strategy for the base in collaboration with the HOM/ Operational Cell. Being responsible for MSF’s operational activities in the support base. Coordinating the program activities of the support base while ensuring compliance to MSF’s charter, ethical standards and policies in order to realize efficient management of activities and reach program objectives.
- Representing MSF and defending its interests before local authorities, local NGO’s, donors and me-dia to realize an active positioning and a positive public image.
- Being accountable for and supervising the execution of all program activities. Ensuring that MSFs technical and ethical standards are followed and objectives are achieved. Coordinating activities with other MSF sections/projects in the region.
- Being accountable for the proper planning, sizing, and coordination of all financial resources needed in the support base. Agreeing on the annual budget and being reponsible for the financial administration of the base .
- Leading the support base team under his/her supervision. Being responsible for the proper application of HR policies and associated processes in the support base (recruitment, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, staff learning and development and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing of the project team and the amount of knowledge required for the activities. Briefing the teams on context related issues maximizing their commitment to MSF values and project’s goals.
- Supervising the project material resources put at MSF’s disposition in order to ensure a correct use and its longevity. Supervising all orders and the Project’s purchases as well as the financial indicators, with the support of the capital referents, in order to ensure efficiency and early detect deviations and its causes.
- Ensuring data collection. Evaluating programme performance and providing all the required operational reports to HOM/ HQ in line with Mission/HQ reporting cycle
Keeping staff and HOM/HQ informed and updated of context related issues.
- Defining and regularly updating, in close collaboration with the Head of Mission/ HQ, the project’s security policy and strategic response to emergencies, reporting any concerning issue, in order to improve risk working conditions and to ensure staff’s full adherence to security rules and protocols. Managing the security in the project, ensuring that all necessary security measures are in place for the safety of MSF staff and its operations.
- University degree desirable
- Degree in Project Management or HR Management desirable
- Essential previous experience of at least two years required in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs.
- Essential working experience in developing countries