TECHNICAL LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Reports to (Functional)
Cell based Technical Referent in HQ/ Field support unit or technical referents at HQ
Defining and implementing the technical logistics strategies and support to the field, ensuring the pertinence and coherence of logistics programmes, adequacy of the means provided and the compliance to MSF standards and protocols in order to enable the development of the mission in perfect working conditions and optimise the impact of the medical projects
- Participating actively in the definition and update of annual project planning and budgets and the Emergency Preparation Plan, defining strategies and providing advice to the HoM in the translation of the identified technical logistics needs into objectives, priorities and resources needed for the mission.
- Ensuring and monitoring the implementation of the technical logistics activities in the mission (construction and rehabilitation, transport, communications, vehicles and engines, equipment, installations and infrastructures, etc.) ensuring compliance to MSF standards, protocols and procedures. Provides reports on projects/mission evolution from the technical logistics perspective and proposes corrections and/or reorientation strategies when needed.
- Ensuring the proper application of HR policies and associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential, detection, staff development and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activities he/she is accountable for.
- Ensuring technical reference and support for all technical logistics issues in the mission and provides coaching to logistics staff.
- Ensuring the installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities in an adequate living condition as well as all the equipment required
- Ensuring permanent communication means in the Mission i.e. between capital, projects, bases and HQ (including numbers frequencies) and ensures that all staff benefit from proper training on how to use all available communications equipment and tools (e.g. satellite phones, HF/VHF radios, computers, etc.). Ensures the proper use and maintenance of IT (computers, software, backups, etc.).
- Defining and monitoring the technical aspects of the risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the mission's security policy and guidelines, evacuation and contingency plan, monitoring daily the security rules observation. Reporting to the HoM of any problem. For this purpose, creating an appropriate environment to facilitate exchange of information on security situation and being the security back up in the absence of the HoM
- Representing MSF in meetings with Authorities and other NGOs for technical logistics related issues
Essential degree and specialization in Logistics and MSF Logistics training
- Essential, working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs and previous humanitarian experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Desirable previous experience in emergencies
Mission language essential; local language desirable
Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Strategic vision L2
- Leadership L2
- People Management and Development L3
- Service Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L4