GIS REGIONAL REFERENT
As the primary referent for GIS at regional level providing strategic technical support to coordination and field teams in the countries of his/her region according to MSF GIS Unit policies, guidelines and procedures in order to support the broad operational objectives of the missions.
This position is regional and may be intersectional as well.
- At the request of the coordination teams and based on the terms of reference established by its coordination teams (Logistic coordinator, Medical coordinator, Head of Mission, Field Co), conducting GIS assessments in the countries of his/her region, suggesting strategy based on operational needs;
- Liaising with the GIS Unit and GIS focal points in HQ and GIS staff within the region, contributing in defining and improving the GIS policies by providing feedback based on his/her experiences. Providing recommendations for program as well as broader operational objectives, its implementation or improvement, according to MSF GIS Unit policies, guidelines and procedures;
- Providing technical support in her/his geographic area, when necessary with help from the GIS Unit when needed;
- Monitoring the implementation of the ensuing GIS projects and activities for the countries of his/her region and conducting on at least an annual basis, an analysis of the GIS projects;
- Developing network and knowledge of local GIS actors in his/her geographical area (institutions, volunteer groups, NGOs, training centres, suppliers etc., as relevant);
- At the request of the missions within his/her region , contributing to the definition of training content related to GIS and facilitating the sessions;
- Drafting visit reports and annual activity reports;
- When requested, participating in emergency operations in her/his geographic area;
- Contributing to the discussions about ethics and personal data protection within the mission especially about GIS related data and activities.
Essential University degree and Specialization in GIS (Geographic Information Systems) or closely related fields.
- Experience at international NGO field projects is required
- MSF experience is a plus
- Significant professional experience (at least 2 years) in her/his specialty area is required
- Good command of project management and management and training-related knowledge
- Mission language essential
- Local language desirable
- Geographic information systems L4
- Strategic Vision L2
- Leadership L2
- People Management and Development L3
- Service Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L4