LOGISTICS TEAM LEADER
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Ensuring the correct planning, implementation and monitoring of the logistics activities and programs in the project and coordinating human and material related resources needed, in accordance with MSF standards and protocols in order to contribute to the proper development of the mission and to optimize the impact of the medical projects
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator, and the Logistics Coordinator, defining, implementing and monitoring logistics activities and when needed, the logistics operational priorities, according to MSF project plan, standards and protocols.
- Participating in the development of the policies, annual plans, proposals, and budget review, as well as exploratory missions/situation assessments and supporting the activities of the project with resources, procedures and tools defined with the Logistics Coordinator, in order to facilitate achievement of the operational objectives
- Ensuring the implementation and monitoring of one or more/all of the following activities:
- Supply: Implementation and maintenance of an appropriate supply chain for the Project.
- Installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities in the project in an adequate living condition as well as all the equipment required,
- Management of the logistics of the material resources for the Project, under the supervision of the line manager and the technical adviser
- Implementation of support activities (communications, electricity, transport, construction, restoration, etc.) and any other logistical activities required to achieve the medical objectives
- Implementation, management and monitoring of the application of necessary reporting tools for logistic activities
- WHS: implementation of the water, health and sanitation activities
- Coordinating, organizing, supervising, coaching and providing technical support to the logistics team members in order to improve the logistics components of the project
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the Project Coordinator, the associated processes (recruitment, training, induction, performance evaluation, development and internal / external communication) of the logistics staff of the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, improve people capabilities.
- Participating in the implementation of the technical choices, policies and logistics procedures defined by the line manager in the Project Security Policy. Ensuring compliance with them, the correct use and maintenance of tools and documents for logistical monitoring. In the absence of the Field Coordinator and at the request of the Head of Mission, overseeing security
Essential Secondary Education.
Essential, working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs and previous humanitarian experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries, managing large teams. Desirable previous experience in emergencies
Essential mission language, local language desirable.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3