MISSION LOGISTICS MANAGER
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Reports to (Functional)
Operational Cell Log Advisor
Participating and collaborating with the Head Of Mission and the Cell Logistic Advisor (TeLoCo) in the definition and implementation of all technical and logistics strategies and support to the field. This implies ensuring the pertinence and coherence of logistics programs, the adequacy of the means provided and the compliance to MSF standards and protocols in order to enable the development of the mission in perfect working conditions and optimize the impact of the medical projects
- With the close support of the Cell Logistic Advisor (TeLoCo), participating in the definition and update of annual project planning and budgets and the Emergency Preparation Plan, advising the HoM in the translation of the identified logistical / technical needs into objectives, priorities and resources needed for intervention.
- Monitoring the implementation of logistics/technical/supply activities in the mission ensuring compliance to MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the HoM on the development of the ongoing programmes and proposing reorientation strategies when needed.
- In close collaboration with the HR department, participating in the recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing and performance evaluation of the logistics staff in the mission in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required. Implementing all these related activities to the logistics staff under his/her direct responsibility.
- Ensuring technical reference for all logistics/technical issues in the mission and provides coaching to logistics staff.
- Ensuring installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities in an adequate living condition as well as all the equipment required.
- Monitoring and implementing the technical aspects of the risk reduction rules: transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the mission security plan, evacuation plan and other contingency plans.
- Ensuring communication means in the Mission (including numbers frequencies), allowing permanent communication between capital, projects, bases and HQ. Ensures all staff in the Mission benefits from proper training on how to use communications equipment available in the Mission (e.g. satellite phones, HF/VHF radios, computers, etc.)
- Providing reports on projects/mission evolution from the technical/logistics perspective and proposing corrections if needed
Essential working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs, experience with MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Mission language essential
- English or French mandatory
Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3