MISSION TECHNICAL REFERENT
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Logistics Coordinator / Technical Logistics Coordinator / Deputy Coordinator
Leading an area of specialization within the Logistics family by providing technical guidance, developing and ensuring the implementation of its national policies, guidelines and standardization of common practices in accordance to MSF policies in order to enable the development of the mission in perfect working conditions
- Elaborating the national policies, guidelines and standardization of a common practice in his/her area of specialization and validating budgets and all the means for the preparation of any technical activity related to his her domain. When required, elaborating the plans of the project
- Being the final responsible at mission level for the supervision and monitoring of the technicity of any work in the field of expertise, ensuring that the works are done following MSF protocols, national policies and state regulations and project specifications.
- Validating the technicity of the projects in the mission, participating in the project design and development and ensuring that technical aspects and the compliance with the local legislation and practices in the area of expertise (including timing, financial, materials, equipment and human resources needed) are met
- Training/coaching managers at project level in in the technical and integration aspect of the project
- Identifying, collaborating and providing main support in the technical representatives of the national interlocutors like ministries or national suppliers. Preparing all technical content in the national and international tenders and participating in the selection committee.
- Following up and reporting on the works' progress and on technical aspects of the work, participating in monthly reports at coordination level according to guidelines (SitRep, Logistics Statistical Report, etc.).
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR Co, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her hierarchical supervision in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
Essential university or technical school diploma, desirable construction, engineering or studies related to the area of specialization
Essential previous experience in the area of specialization (minimum two years). Proven understanding of MSF Field Logistics
Mission and local language essential
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3