Reports to (Hierarchical)
Project Coordinator (if in project)/ Logistics Coordinator / Technical Logistics Coordinator
Reports to (Functional)
Logistics Coordinator / Technical Logistics Coordinator
Panning, coordinating and monitoring all logistics activities in the project related to construction and rehabilitation according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure that construction works meet the needs of MSF programmes
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the Logistics / Technical Logistics Coordinator, planning, establishing and reviewing all the construction and/or rehabilitation activities in the mission/project, including its budget, in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the mission and the targeted population.
- Monitoring and ensuring the implementation of the construction and/or rehabilitation activities in the project ensuring compliance to MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the line manager on the development of the ongoing programmes. This includes the following:
- Planning construction/rehabilitation projects to be performed in the mission, participating in the project design and development and ensuring that technical aspects are met and are in compliance with the local construction habits
- Coordinating purchase orders related to the work activity and checking the materials in stock and warehouse inventory control
- Participating in the preparation of budgets associated to construction/rehabilitation projects, preparing invoices for payment of the works and anticipating the cash flow required for monthly payments
- Providing safety equipment for people who work in construction so as to ensure that all workers comply with safety standards
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, participating in the planning and implementation of HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities pertaining to his area
- Ensuring technical support for his area of activity and provides coaching to logistics staff under his/her responsibility.
- Following up and reporting on the works' progress and on technical aspects of the work and participating in monthly reports according to guidelines (SitRep, Logistics Statistical Report, etc.)
- Performing delegated tasks according to his her speciality and as specified in his/her job description
Essential university or technical school diploma, desirable construction or engineering related studies
Essential previous experience In construction (minimum two years). Proven understanding of MSF Field Logistics
Mission language essential; local language desirable.
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to MSF Participles L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3