Reports to (Hierarchical)
Logistics Coordinator/ Logistics Manager
Reports to (Functional)
Logistics Coordinator/ Referent in HQ/ National Technical Referent
Carrying out assessments and ensuring the implementation, maintenance and monitoring of the technical work in the projects within a certain area of specialization (Electrical Engineering, GIS, ICT, Biomed, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Construction Engineering ) according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the project and its infrastructures and the efficient use of the systems and equipment
- Defining procedures and ensures the implementation, monitoring, maintenance and correct functioning of the technical work within his/her area of specialization
- Managing the technical activities in support to and in close collaboration with the field responsible of the sector of activity (s)he is primarily in support.
- Carrying out assessment and feasibility studies in the project to provide line managers with alternatives and possible solutions to infrastructure challenges in the area of specialization e.g. installing / building / implementing. Liaising directly with the staff to identify the project needs and managing response and prioritization of requests.
- Where standard protocols are not available or appropriate, developing a protocol seeking extensive feedback and pilot tests to ensure its functioning as well as defining functioning standards and monitoring systems.
- Ensuring the proper documentation, filing and the compilation of the installation and maintenance done or required
- Acting as a technical referent, providing technical advice and oversight of quality and strengthening knowledge of the team. Providing training sessions to technicians, the managers and supervisors in the overall set-up, use and maintenance of new installations
- When required, acting as Flying expert in a mission and providing deep technical advice to managers
- Performing delegated tasks specific to her area of speciality and as defined in his/her job description
Essential technical diploma or technical university degree, in his /her area of speciality, preferably as an engineer
- Essential at least two years of working experience in logistics related activities
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGOs, and working experience in developing countries
Mission working language essential
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3