Reports to (Hierarchical)
Carrying out assessments and ensuring the implementation, maintenance and monitoring of the Biomed activities including repairs, maintenance of equipment and planning of biomed orders according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the correct use and efficient functioning of the Biomed equipment of the mission
- Defining procedures and managing the implementation, monitoring, maintenance and correct functioning of the biomedical workshop, including spare parts, technical documentations, tools, etc., including the following tasks:
- Organising and participating in the installation and replacement of the equipment and following up the different maintenance contracts (propose renewal before they expire)
- Identifying the equipment requiring after sale services and ensuring their return in medical services. Performing fault diagnosis, curative and preventive maintenance, annual diagnosis and certification for those items of equipment for which specialised training has been received
- Participating in the assessment of local suppliers and ensuring a good supply of spare parts from them
- Managing inventory of spare parts and back-up equipment at mission level and checking and advising on international orders for consumables and spare parts.
- Managing the biomed technicians at the level of the project and elaborating their activities planning and in close coordination with HR department, planning and supervising the associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility
- Acting as a technical referent and providing assistance to project Biomedical Technicians when maintenance work requires further assistance, documentation or additional tools. Taking the lead in organising user training where required
- Ensuring the proper documentation, filing and the compilation of the installation and maintenance done or required as well as defining functioning standards and monitoring systems
- Performing delegated tasks as defined in his/her job description and according to the line manager
- Diploma as Biomedical technician, biomedical engineer, electronic technician, electronic engineer
- Demonstrable technical skills and understanding
- Experience as a biomedical technician. (Minimum 2 years experience).
- Pedagogical skills are an asset
Mission language and local language.
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3