SUPPLY CHAIN COORDINATOR ASSISTANT
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Assisting the Supply Chain Coordinator in specific activities and assuming some delegated tasks, according to his/her instructions in compliance with MSF standards, procedures and protocols in order to ensure a proper supply chain management in the capital and provide support to supply activities in the projects |
- Organizing and following up the cargos which includes organizing all the documents needed to run the process and communicating with the Logistics Responsible and when needed, with the Supply Centers Transport Managers
- Planning and organizing the transportation, daily workers and the tools required to complete the load of goods for international and local cargos, analyzing and cross checking directly with the fields depending on their needs
- Communicating with the necessary authorities, in coordination with the Supply Chain Coordinator, in case of special requirements like extra authorizations or if there is a possibility to speed up the clearance procedures in the borders
- Assisting the Supply Chain Coordinator to calculate the cargos' needs and preparing the resources and the related costs. Providing the information for the budget calculation and giving inputs on the budget follow ups
- Helping with the general logistics and administrative activities needed in the base, always in coordination with his/her supervisor
- Supporting the Supply Coordinator in the quotation, tenders and visits of suppliers when needed. Preparing reports of the activities.
- Informing the Supply Chain Coordinator in case of any major issue and drawing-up all required reporting, in order to keep updated and reliable information that will ease decision-making
- Performing tasks delegated to him/her by the Supply Chain Coordinator
Essential secondary education plus further training
- Essential two years of previous experience in similar jobs.
- Desirable with MSF or other NGOs, in developing countries
- Mission language essential.
- Local language desirable
Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3