Reports to (Hierarchical)
Performing autonomously, specific complex / advanced installation, maintenance works and repairs depending on technician’s specialization (requiring special/qualifications/training), according to supervisor’s instructions and MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure a proper functioning and maintenance of MSF equipment, installations and infrastructures
- Performing autonomously, all necessary complex / advanced installations, maintenance and repairs (i.e. requiring special qualifications/training), according to the supervisor’s instructions and executes any needed tests after any repair or maintenance. Including the following functions:
- Qualified Electrician
- Qualified Mechanic
- Biomed Technician
- Making suggestions regarding any repair or maintenance work needed in MSF electrical installations, equipment and/or vehicles and assisting logistics department for any relative work needed.
- Managing the stock of consumable items, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock, avoiding any shortage.
- Responsible for the equipment and tools, including extinguishers, checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary and keeping the inventory updated.
- Keeping working area clean and tidy.
- Ensuring that all record sheets and books related to logistical maintenance are always completed. Preparing needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance.
- Immediately informing the line manager of any problems that arise in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, theft or attempted break-ins
- Working in collaboration with other specialised technicians and workers, if necessary, or managing a small team of workers.
Essential diploma or recognized formal training in the assigned technical area
- Demonstrate experience in his/her technical area (minimum 2 years’ experience)
- Essential at least two years previous working experience. Desirable in MSF or other NGOs
Local language essential, mission language desirable.
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Service Orientation L1
- Stress Management L2