Reports to (Hierarchical)
Performing autonomously, complex / advanced installation and maintenance of electrical and other energy systems in all MSF facilities across the mission (offices, health structures, warehouses, etc., according MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure a proper functioning and maintenance of MSF equipment and installations
- Ensuring all electrical installations in MSF facilities comply with MSF standards and performing autonomously and ensuring, all necessary complex / advanced electrical installations, maintenance and repairs, according to the supervisor’s instructions. This includes the following tasks :
- Carrying out critical rehabilitation tasks and corrective maintenance interventions and the coordination and execution of required tasks as well as installation of needed electrical equipment as defined by each project. Elaborating the necessary documentation for carrying out energy installations projects (plans, list of materials, etc.)
- Carrying out and updating the electrical installations inventory in MSF missions’ facilities and performing annual maintenance procedures and safety checks across facilities in the project. Executing any needed tests after any repair or maintenance.
- Identifying local technical actors, and organizing their participation in the project (training of technical staff, establishing relations with local companies, contractors and suppliers, quotations, contracts, etc.)
- Making suggestions regarding any repair or maintenance work needed in MSF electrical installations and equipment and assisting logistics department with any urgent support/advice or any relative work needed
- Managing the stock of consumable items related to electrical installation, repairs and maintenance, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock, avoiding any shortage
- Responsible for the equipment and tools (including extinguishers), checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary and keeping the inventory updated.
- Keeping working area clean and tidy.
- Ensuring that all record sheets and books related to maintenance are always completed and prepares needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance.
Essential Electrician diploma or recognized formal training
Previous working experience as an electrician required (minimum 2 years’ experience)
Local and mission language essentials
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Service Orientation L1
- Stress Management L2