HEAD OF DRIVERS
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Coordinating and controlling the operation of vehicles in one location according to traffic regulations and MSF security rules and ensuring that the team of drivers perform properly their duties to ensure an adequate, efficient and safe transport of goods and people
- Transporting MSF personnel and material ensuring their safety.
- Supervising the team of drivers and monitoring and evaluating their performance, ensuring compliance with all rules, safety regulations and MSF instructions, as well as the maintenance and service of their assigned vehicles which includes preparing and overseeing the drivers' work schedule, ensuring daily and weekly checks of vehicles and the correct filling in of administration and vehicle logbook;
- Performing monthly checks of the vehicle inventory, documentation and first aid kit together with the responsible driver and conducting a driving test for all new drivers. Performing regular drivers' assessments.
- Coordinating and supervising the associated resources (drivers) and fleet management to ensure adequate service in terms of organizing availability of drivers, vehicles to drive, duty rosters and replacements in case of absence, and fuel control. Organizing training courses for drivers
- Checking and ensuring that safety procedures are met in vehicles to ensure that transportation is in the best conditions of safety for travelers.
- Reporting any problems with the vehicles (mechanical, accidents...) to the line manager / technical referent as well as preparing monthly reports on services, spare parts, consumption, etc. of each vehicle.
- Ensuring maintenance on the fleet of vehicles to be in perfect working order and that cars are serviced at the desired time to ensure good use of it and be able to deliver services.
- Looking after all equipment related to vehicles and driver. Ensuring the proper use of radios in vehicles, numbers and codes, according to MSF protocols and procedures in place
Essential literacy, driving license and basic mechanic skills
Minimum 2 years previous experience as a driver
Mission language and local language essential
- Essential good knowledge of the area of work
- Essential experience with 4x4 vehicles
- Essential knowledge of basic mechanics
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Stress Management L2