LABORATORY TECHNICIAN ASSISTANT
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Assist the laboratory technician in carrying out laboratory-related activities, in accordance with his/her instructions and MSF protocols, security measures and hygiene standards, in order to help obtaining lab results that will help to determine patient’s treatment.
- Assisting in carrying out laboratory exams, preparing material, reagents and environmental work conditions, etc.
- Complying with at all times the hygiene protocols for individual and collective safety, with special focus on sterilizing the material.
- Carrying out cleaning and washing activities in the laboratory facilities and material, and ensure proper waste separation and disposal.
- Following all the administrative procedures, registering the patient’s data and his/her tests’ results, keeping track of all activities.
- Participating, under the laboratory technician's supervision, in the efficient management and organisation of laboratory equipment and supply. (equipment user maintenance, stock follow-up, storage conditions, inventory, expired substances, etc.).
- Reporting any problem arising in the laboratory, especially loss, robbery or damage of material.
Local language essential. Mission language desirable.
- Stress Management.