Reports to (Hierarchical)
Assist the midwife during labour and all sexual and reproductive health activities, according to his/her instructions and MSF protocols, in order to ensure hygiene, care and comfort of all patients.
- Assisting the midwife during delivery and antenatal; postnatal and family planning consultations, in order to receive and install the patient, providing them the information required, helping in taking, monitoring and interpreting the parameters, etc.
- Following hygiene and safety protocols at all times, during delivery, consultations, etc., ensuring the cleanliness and tidiness of all facilities, material, linen, equipment, and carrying out the sorting and waste disposal.
- Informing patients and their relatives throughout their stay.
- Setting up health education sessions, according to needs.
- Ensuring comfort of bed-ridden patients: washing, installation for eating meals, changing position, etc.
- Referring to the midwife in case of any abnormal change in patient’s health status and other problems occurring.
- Ensuring good transfer and transport of patients between the different services and departments.
- Transporting samples to the laboratory and collect the results.
- Performing minor maintenance and cleaning of the biomedical equipment following user manual and protocols. Alerting the supervisor in case of malfunctioning of any device.
Essential literacy and health training.
Local language essential. Mission language desirable.
- Stress Management