DEPUTY HEAD OF MISSION
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Members of the Mission cell (HQ), All staff in the mission
Other NGOs, UN and other intl agencies, media, MSF sections and partners, civil and military authorities, international donors
Supporting the Head of Mission through delegated tasks and re-sponsibilities, managing the day-to- day functioning of the capital office and team, ensuring contacts with local authorities according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to contribute to the optimal functioning of the mission
The Deputy Head of Mission replaces the Head of Mission in his/her absence.
- Contributing to the mission-wide strategy; including the Country Policy, Annual Plan, budget and policy frameworks:
-Monitoring the annual plan to ensure alignment with MSF strategies and Mission policies
- Representing MSF towards other actors at national level, and supporting the PC with representation at local level.
- Contributing to the analysis of the political, humanitarian and medical situation in the country and in the region. Identifying potential fields of intervention and determining response strategies.
Supporting the Head of Mission in the preparation of project proposals and project reports for donors.
- Contributing to the planning and implementation of medical-humanitarian activities in the mission according to MSF standards and protocols, their monitoring and evaluation, as well as their outcomes
- Coordinating, in close cooperation with the Medco, the emergency response procedures and when necessary participating in exploratory missions.
- Ensuring proper planning and coordination of resources in the projects in order to implement MSF activities:
- Providing support to all project coordinators in project management, and preparation of project reports.
- In cooperation with the Medco supporting the PCs in the planning and control exercises.
- Managing the Capital Office team.
- Supporting the HoM in implementing all Human Resources-policies ensuring that MSF acts as a responsible employer in terms of working conditions and reduction of security and health risks.
- Monitoring, analyzing and ensuring the implementation of the local security plans
- Guaranteeing and coordinating the implementation of the security framework and ensuring the understanding thereof within the mission, informing the Head of mission on potential security risks, incidents and context changes
- Performing tasks delegated ad hoc by the Head of Mission depending on the dimension of the mission and taking into consideration sustainability in the treatment of the dossiers
University degree. For OCBA. Desirable degree in project management or HR management.
- Previous experience of at least two years in humanitarian assistance, preferably in management positions in MSF or other NGOs.
- Essential working experience in developing countries
Mission language essential
Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Strategic vision L2
- Leadership L2
- People Management and Development L3
- Service Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L4.