FIELD GRANT REPORTING MANAGER
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Reports to (Functional)
Head of Mission/ HQ Grant Reporting Officer (HQ GRO)
Being responsible for the compilation of all grant proposals, donor communication and reporting to providing reliable and transparent information to institutional donors on the use and allocation of resources in the mission following legal obligations and MSF protocols, standards and procedures secure sufficient and sustained funding to realize MSFs objectives in the Mission
- Writing all donor proposals and reports to donors for the mission, ensuring compliance with donor templates, guidelines, deadlines and demands, checking consistency and completeness for both data and text. Planning all donor activities including reporting deadlines, distributing and managing workload. Contributing to the donor funding strategy of the mission
- Coordinating with other coordination team members and project teams on providing/collecting the necessary data and analysis (medical data and analysis, staff data/numbers, assets and supply data, financial data, etc) and ensuring support to field based program staff in data collection for preparation of the donor reports. Reporting to Hom and HQ GRO, any risk or difficulty in collecting data and working closely with management staff in addressing identified gaps in data collection/analysis
- Supporting the Head of Mission in monitoring the execution/ implementation of approved project proposals(log frame, expected results, budgets), sharing with the coordination team, anticipating issues, assessing when there is a need to inform the donor and/or requesting an amendment and informing the HQ GRO.
- Checking grant agreements and contractual engagements, and alerting on any potential risk linked to donor requirements or legal contractual engagement. Ensuring that the Head of Mission has read, checked and approved any contract / report, before forwarding to the cell
- In collaboration with the HQ GRO, ensuring the implementation of relevant and reliable internal control systems related to institutional donor’s requirements. Monitoring and evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of internal procedures, recommending and implementing all necessary improvements to ensure compliance and a clear audit trail. Coordinating on best practices, experiences and lessons learned which contributes to MSF’s overall improvement of grant management
- Ensuring general filing of donor information and documents exchanged with donors
- Ensuring that all departments follow a proper archiving system, to ensure a proper audit trail and quick provision of all relevant original support.
- Collaborating and facilitating the work with internal and external auditors/evaluators.
- In collaboration with the HoM, follow up on donor mapping and networking with donor representatives and identifying particular interests and funding opportunities with donors.
- Assisting with donor visits of projects, together with HoM and informing donors of any significant new developments in mission.
- Writing and reviewing all donor communication and responding to requests for information
- Degree in Finance, Economy, Social Sciences, Political Science, Law or similar
- Project Co / Head of Mission experience or proven experience in preparing reports for institutional donors like ECHO, SIDA, etc
- MSF experience will be an asset
- Good writing skills in English. Mission language essential
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Excellent writing and reporting skills
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to MSF principles L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3